- newNJ TRANSIT to Secure $1.7B in CARES Act Funding in Response to Coronavirus
The funding for the New Jersey transit system was announced by US Rep. Chris Smith (R-NJ) and requires no local matching cost-share. The $2-trillion stimulus bill called the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act was passed by the…
- 5 hours ago 6 Apr 20, 10:51am -
- newWill This Pandemic Change the Long-Term Future of CRE?
There is a lot of talk about the cultural changes that will arise out of the coronavirus outbreak, but CREXi's Eli Randel says that any changes will be short lived.
- 7 hours ago 6 Apr 20, 9:00am -
- PA Governor Issues 'Stay at Home' Order for Entire State in Response to Coronavirus
The stay at home order went into effective April 1 at 8 p.m. Previously, there were 33 counties on statewide stay-at-home orders. The first orders were issued on March 23 for seven counties.
- 3 days ago 3 Apr 20, 12:21pm -
- KAR Properties Leans on Data Analytics, Tends Hindrances to Mortgage Service
KAR Properties is monitoring all data in regards to the unraveling of some of the sectors of the economy and the reaction to the coronavirus pandemic, also known as COVID-19, and its tenants in the ability to honor lease agreements and meet rental pa…
- 3 days ago 3 Apr 20, 12:19pm -
- CRE Loan Defaults Soar Under Trepp Stress Test But Won't Be as Bad as Great Recession
Under the scenario Trepp used, the cumulative default rate across commercial mortgages overall will rise to 8%, up significantly from the current 0.4% default rate.
- 5 days ago 1 Apr 20, 12:11pm -
- Service Properties Cuts $100M From Capital Program; Planned Hotel Sales Delayed Due to Coronavirus
In addition, the REIT states that several planned portfolio sales will likely be delayed until later this year or next year due to the lack of financing available for hotel transactions.
- 7 days ago 30 Mar 20, 3:21pm -
- Grace Bay Resorts Executes Multi-Prong Approach, Navigates Coronavirus Pandemic
Grace Bay Resorts, a multi-disciplined real estate firm with proprietary condo-hotel management and development divisions, is looking at each part of the business differently to navigate the effects of the coronavirus, also referred to as COVID-19, M…
- 7 days ago 30 Mar 20, 9:00am -
- Driftwood Rebrands to Focus Beyond Hotels
Driftwood's investors are active, high-net-worth investors.
- 10 days ago 27 Mar 20, 2:31pm -
- Hyatt to Furlough Corporate Workforce, Temporarily Shutter Some Hotels
CEO Mark Hoplamazian and Chairman of the Board Tom Pritzker are forgoing 100% of their salaries, and Hyatt's senior leadership team is taking a salary cut of 50% through the end of May.
- 12 days ago 25 Mar 20, 12:10pm -
- How to Decide if an OZ Investment is Impactful or Imposter
Critics say the law should redefine distressed areas and prevent investments in casinos, stadiums, luxury hotels, student housing, storage facilities and high-end housing from qualifying for the tax breaks.
- 13 days ago 24 Mar 20, 9:00am -