- With plans for 350 store closures, Gap flees the mall
The apparel conglomerate focused on operational improvements at its annual meeting, and made clear its dependence on Old Navy.
- 2 days ago 23 Oct 20, 4:12pm -
- Retail Therapy: Brands reimagine Halloween festivities
Reese's and Kool-Aid created safer alternatives to trick-or-treating, while Reebok unveiled Ghostbusters-inspired shoes to get consumers in the spirit.
- 2 days ago 23 Oct 20, 3:43pm -
- Macy's introduces virtual, in-person stylist appointments for the holidays
Gifting experts will be available to help shoppers in a year where many events have gone virtual, including the department store's iconic parade.
- 3 days ago 23 Oct 20, 3:13pm -
- Moody's sees stability in retail going into 2021
Analysts expect a 20% bump to operating profits next year as the fallout from the COVID-19 pandemic starts to settle.
- 3 days ago 23 Oct 20, 2:37pm -
- New rival shelf-scanning robots roll out for retailers
Simbe Robotics has unveiled a new version of its Tally robot, while Brain Corp is expanding a pilot at Sam's Club with shelf-scanning tech atop autonomous floor cleaners.
- 3 days ago 23 Oct 20, 2:05pm -
- Boost in e-commerce may lead to more counterfeits: study
With more consumers shopping online this year, the threat of online counterfeits looms, according to Red Points.
- 3 days ago 22 Oct 20, 5:12pm -
- Amazon solicits customer receipts in data collection program
With the Amazon Shopper Panel, the company wants to know more about how consumers spend their money outside its own ecosystem.
- 3 days ago 22 Oct 20, 4:32pm -
- Hurley owner Bluestar bids $60M for Justice tween brand
Ascena Retail Group also told a bankruptcy court that it will close 97 more stores, including Justice, Lane Bryant and Loft locations.
- 3 days ago 22 Oct 20, 3:57pm -
- Target adds more safety features ahead of the holidays
The retailer is adding additional contactless checkout options and letting customers digitally reserve a place in store lines.
- 3 days ago 22 Oct 20, 3:22pm -
- EBay creates 'Certified Refurbished' program for reselling used goods
The initiative is part of the platform's effort to continue to gain trust with digital consumers through authentication processes.
- 4 days ago 22 Oct 20, 3:18pm -